Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro w/Leopard - Can't find Hard Drive

When I turn on the MAC, the grey screen appears and after a while, a folder with a question mark comes up. I tried restarting while holding down C Ley for Snow Leopard DVD and for Leopard DVD. Both DVDs try to install instead of opening my home screen. I said fine, I will reinstall. When I get to the screen that says to choose which disk, there is nothing there, just blank white space. Then when I back track, I try to choose a start-up, but all I have is the DVD and an icon for a hard drive that says search network.

I have gone through the PRAM, holding down the Shift Key and holding down the Option Key. None of them work except for the Option Key, I can see and move my pointer but that's it. I did not have a system back-up because I figured if I have to reinstall using my DVDs, it would not be a problem.

I don't know how or why my hard drive has disappeared. Has anyone been through this?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:38 PM

Your HDD has died. You need to get it replaced. Or try booting from another drive in your Mac Pro.

6 replies

Jun 2, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Kappy

Appreciate your quick response. I figured it was dead, but wanted to get a second opinion. Computer belongs to the business and there was no other drive in my Mac Pro and we only backed up client folders. The reason I was trying to get it going was because some older client files would not open in my new programs that were purchased after we got a new Mac Pro, which works beautifully. We will find another way to open the old files.

Thanks again Kappy.

Mac Pro w/Leopard - Can't find Hard Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.