Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari runs slow on macbook pro 13" (2015) and causes fans to run fast

I got my brand new macbook pro retina 13" (early 2015 model) 2 weeks ago and everything worked fine. Safari worked as usually but few days ago when I opened safari and tried to watch a youtube video my macbook froze and it couldn't load a simple video. I tried restarting it and did the same thing but it froze again and then fans started to run faster and the temperature (I use an app which shows the temperature of the macbook) got higher. The funny thing is that safari runs slow only when I open youtube, google and few other websites but for example apple.com, facebook and all of my mail websites work fine without fans running fast. I installed google chrome and everything worked normally but the problem is that chrome is not that comfortable for me to use and also I liked how safari worked but now I can't use it properly. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:58 PM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 2:15 PM in response to reynard8

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences...Privacy Remove All Website Data...

and confirm. Close the window. Then select

 ▹ System Preferences… ▹ Flash Player Advanced Delete All...

In the sheet that opens, check the box marked

Delete All Site Data and Settings

then click Delete Data. Close the preference pane.

Safari runs slow on macbook pro 13" (2015) and causes fans to run fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.