Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie

iMovie (Theatre) says it has uploaded my video (slideshow) but I can't find it on iCloud. Suggestions?

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:58 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 1:24 PM in response to frydeggs

Hey frydeggs,

iMovie Theater is designed to make your shared videos accessible on your other devices (Macs, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV). There is currently no method for accessing movies shared to iMovie Theater via iCloud.com.

If you have an iCloud account, movies you send to the Theater automatically appear on all your other devices, so you can easily watch your movies on your other computers, your iOS devices, and your Apple TV.

iMovie (2013): “iMovie” Theater overview
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14737

Regards,

Allen

Jun 3, 2015 6:01 PM in response to CarlAVII

OK. That's what I thought I did. I went to Theatre (next to Library), then highlighted the slide show (video), clicked on share (upper right hand corner) & iCloud showed up as one of the choices (as well as YouTube, etc). It took a little time, but I think it uploaded to iCloud.

But I just can't find it on my iPhone, iPad. When I click on the arrow next to name of slide show (right above where it shows the length of the slide show) dropdown menu appears with these options: Play, Rename, Delete, Remove from iCloud, Reveal in Event. SO, what step am I missing that is preventing me from seeing this in on my iPhone, on my iPad? Is it in Photos? And where? Is it somewhere else? I've been on iCloud & can't find it (which is why you must have said "no method for accessing movies shared to iMovie Theater via iCloud.com).

Jun 4, 2015 1:56 PM in response to frydeggs

frydeggs,

Viewing the movies shared to your iCloud Theater on your iOS devices requires iMovie 2.1 or later.

iPhone 4s and later, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Update your device to iOS 8.
  2. Update to iMovie version 2.1 or later on your iOS device.
    Find updates for your apps by opening the App Store and tapping Updates in the bottom right.
  3. Upgrade to iCloud Drive.

Use iMovie Theater with iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204529

Regards,

Allen

iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.