Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much is a replacement glass for iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) display, with parts and labor?

So I am in the Army and have just PCS (moved to a new Army base) not to long ago and the movers chipped my glass on my iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) display. I need to file a claim to get reimbursement but I have no idea what the cost is going to be. I tried using apple support but my service has expired, so if i want help to answer this one questionI will have to pay $29.99, I am NOT doing that. Also there are no Apple stores near me. Can any one help me with an answer? Thank You.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 3:02 PM

11 replies

Jun 16, 2015 10:45 AM in response to janderson_99

janderson_99 wrote:

$600

I know, because mine just went out too (16 months old). Really unsatisfied with the quality of Apple desktop products right now. Apparently, AppleCare is a requirement now. Pretty sad due to the premium you already pay for Apple products. I expected more...

You chose to self insure, meaning you chose to take the risk that your machine would not have a failure. In this case you lost the bet, however your experience is NOT representative of the millions of machines that are trouble-free and never reported. I always choose AppleCare however I have never had to use it on any of my iMacs, I got it for peace of mind. Also from time-to-time I use the 3 years of telephone support AppleCare includes in case I have a question I cannot figure out on my own.

Jun 16, 2015 10:52 AM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87 wrote:

janderson_99 wrote:

$600

I know, because mine just went out too (16 months old). Really unsatisfied with the quality of Apple desktop products right now. Apparently, AppleCare is a requirement now. Pretty sad due to the premium you already pay for Apple products. I expected more...

You chose to self insure, meaning you chose to take the risk that your machine would not have a failure. In this case you lost the bet, however your experience is NOT representative of the millions of machines that are trouble-free and never reported. I always choose AppleCare however I have never had to use it on any of my iMacs, I got it for peace of mind.

Also from time-to-time I use the 3 years of telephone support AppleCare includes in case I have a question I cannot figure out on my own.

Ditto!

User uploaded file

Jun 16, 2015 10:54 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I base my quality comments on the many references to similar problems I found when I did a simple google search. I have 6 Apple desktop/laptop products in my home. My own experience shows me that Apple quality is not what it was 3-5 years ago. Unfortunately, Windows 8 has narrowed the gap on usability, and bridged the gap by providing a huge price advantage.

Former advocate, turned cynic...

Jun 16, 2015 11:18 AM in response to janderson_99

janderson_99 wrote:

I base my quality comments on the many references to similar problems I found when I did a simple google search. I have 6 Apple desktop/laptop products in my home. My own experience shows me that Apple quality is not what it was 3-5 years ago. Unfortunately, Windows 8 has narrowed the gap on usability, and bridged the gap by providing a huge price advantage.

Former advocate, turned cynic...

Once again a flawed research, people that are happy with their products do not post. Those that are unhappy do post, therefore your comment is akin to going to a hospital to check the overall health of a population.

While I understand you have a problem and are unhappy, note your experience is the exception and not the norm.

In addition the OP states his display was damaged due to movers, this clearly is not an Apple quality issue. How you are twisting his experience into one is beyond me?

How much is a replacement glass for iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) display, with parts and labor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.