Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the MacBook drive two external monitors?

Here's what I'd actually like to do--I'd like to be able to use the USB-C to HDMI adapter with a projector; and at the same time, Plug the USB-C to VGA monitor into the USB-C port on the first adapter to send an image to an external monitor. Is the MacBook capable of this?

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 1:01 PM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Rick Mansfield

Hi Rick Mansfield,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you want to use the MacBook and add two additional external displays and run all three at once. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

MacBook (Retina 12-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications

Graphics and Video Support

• Intel HD Graphics 5300
  • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Cheers,

Mario

Nov 7, 2016 5:07 AM in response to Rick Mansfield

I am currently using Macbook 12 Retina with two external displays (+ one internal) with the help of Apple TV.

One display is connected via HDMI to Apple USB-C Multiport adapter, and one is connected to Apple TV 2nd gen.

Drawback: sometimes Airplay is switching off, and there is some delays on Apple TV monitor (like mouse pointer slightly slow). But overall it works.

Would be interested to see if the coming products will solve the issue in a better way.

Can the MacBook drive two external monitors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.