Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod is 2nd generation, does the rechargable battery wear out? My ipod is not turning on .

I have an IPOD 2nd generation ( since 2009 )

The device is dead. I tried different chargers, rebooting it, but it will not turn on.

This has never happened before.

Is there a replaceable battery inside the device?

iPod nano, device born in 2009

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 12:27 PM

The battery is not user-serviceable. Apple cannot replace the battery either as that iPod model is now obsolete: Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support. However, the 2nd generation nano came out in 2006... if it's from 2009 and was purchased brand new, it's likely a 5th generation. See Identify your iPod model - Apple Support. If so, you can take it to an Apple Store or send it in to have the battery replaced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2015 12:27 PM in response to tommytrj

The battery is not user-serviceable. Apple cannot replace the battery either as that iPod model is now obsolete: Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support. However, the 2nd generation nano came out in 2006... if it's from 2009 and was purchased brand new, it's likely a 5th generation. See Identify your iPod model - Apple Support. If so, you can take it to an Apple Store or send it in to have the battery replaced.

My ipod is 2nd generation, does the rechargable battery wear out? My ipod is not turning on .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.