Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Mini won't start.

I just got a new mac mini and when I plugged it in and tried to start it just repeated the start up sound over and over. No signal to the monitor at all. I turned it off and tried it again to no avail. I returned it and got another one. Same problem. Any ideas? The only things I had plugged into it were my keyboard and monitor (VGA with a Thunderbolt adaptor.)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 1:44 PM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2015 2:05 PM in response to lllaass

I upgraded from a 1st gen Mac Pro and the monitor worked with that. Full disclosure, I have a VGA adaptor to an adaptor that worked with the Mac Pro to the thunderbolt port so it's kind of a daisy chain thing going.

I did discover this:

Mac computers: About startup tones - Apple Support

The first one is the closest but I don't think it's a full 5 seconds before it repeats. I wonder if it's possible if a bunch of Mac Minis shipped without RAM.

New Mac Mini won't start.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.