Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s apps staying open after being closed

i close an app, and it still stays open. I have an iPhone 5s and its running the latest version of iOS 8. I haven't had this problem

until I turned on motion reduction in accessibility.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 1:47 PM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 6:22 PM in response to gail from maine

yyes, double tapping the home button and swiping the app off. after i do this, it still stays open. say I have messages opened up. after im finished using it I double tap the home button and swipeit off. then I'll open up a different app, say photos. after I finish using photos and double tap the home button to close it, messages is still open. if I close the app a second time then it stays closed.

Jun 1, 2015 6:23 PM in response to KiltedTim

after i double tap the home button and swipe the app off, it still stays open. say I have messages opened up. after im finished using it I double tap the home button and swipeit off. then I'll open up a different app, say photos. after I finish using photos and double tap the home button to close it, messages is still open. if I close the app a second time then it stays closed.

iPhone 5s apps staying open after being closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.