Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to type into pages without clicking location after typing/issuing command

Hi,

I've been using Pages since I got my Macbook Pro late 2013, and it's been my main word processor since I couldn't get Microsoft Word on Mac (not keen on the subscription process), and I didn't find OpenOffice too productive.

However, annoyingly a day before a course module is due, Pages has started acting erratically - after some time writing, I can't type or send a command until I click in the workspace, when the text and/or command will execute where the cursor has indicated/been clicked. This, obviously, is troublesome since I'm not too keen on relaunching the app every time and it makes editing and writing a tedious blend of strategically placing the cursor, typing, then clicking where it should go - and it's only going to become more aggravating.

I'm running the latest update of it along with Yosemite 10,10,3 and most other apps have been fine; it's annoying since I don't have a word processing software on my Windows 8 machine since the fresh install and resultant removal of an SSD causing a bugcheck has removed my copy of Office, which the physical copy is at home 200 miles away.

I'm pulling my hair out over this as I'm stressing over thinking how to write and demonstrate the project that's due which has been fine until now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 1:08 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to type into pages without clicking location after typing/issuing command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.