Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've Had It ... Mac Pro Cylinder Constantly Crashing!

I have an unmodified Mac Pro cylinder running the latest Yosemite build that we use to run our business and is constantly crashing ... logs say it is some kind of graphics card issue. I have researched through these threads and many seem to be having the exact same issue. Has Apple figured out a solution yet? I am about to put this thing on eBay and switch back to Windows ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :-/

PS - I'm not a newb so no need to suggest a reboot or resetting the PRAM.

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 3:03 PM

6 replies

Jun 4, 2015 8:55 AM in response to rehctelf

... but a list of what business software or other items are installed does help, and even pointing to just what the graphic error AND point to "what others" said.

Adobe and D500's?

PRAM is rarely needed but popular as a way of saying something - reboot, same thing.

Safe Mode can help.

Unmodified? that means zero hardware outside of kb/mouse - and we know monitors play a role.

Also, any software installed - even something simple.

Google Drive and Chrome as well as DropBox are modifications.

AV (malware not audio-video) modify the OS.

FinalCut Pro-X is one of the few apps that the nMP seems to be well suited and made for, otherwise... Classic Mac Pro can be customized and outfitted and perform even better - especially with GTX 980 w/ CUDA and such.

I've Had It ... Mac Pro Cylinder Constantly Crashing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.