Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 power off screen coming up unprompted

Hi, having a really weird issue with my iPhone 5; just came on today. Basically my phone will just randomly go to the screenlock screen whilst I am in the middle of using it (i.e. the phone cannot in any way be interpreted as being in sleep mode). Whilst it does this it makes the camera shutter sound (WEIRD) and then it will flash up the Slide to Power Off screen. I'll tap cancel (cue shutter sound again) and then we go through the whole rigmarole again. In other words, it's totally impossible to use my phone at the moment! Chuck in the odd screen flicker for good measure. Is the issue with the battery..? Phone out of year's warranty but still within 2 year mobile operator contract, so I should be able to get them to sort I'm assuming? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:30 PM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 1:52 PM in response to Lynsey76

Hi Lynsey76,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Based on your description of the issues your iPhone is experiencing like it showing the power off screen, camera shutter sound in areas that you wouldn’t expect, and screen flickering, it may be necessary to have your iPhone evaluated for service. For more information on this process, please refer to the attached link below.

iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

iphone 5 power off screen coming up unprompted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.