Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Issues of Old Library

I'm having major issues which I have never have had before. I have moved my iTunes library successfully in the past but this time I keep getting double of everything (songs, podcasts etc.) ? I'm also worried because my iTunes media file is empty and I think this is meant to be where I link my library to? I'm having to link the library to the whole iTunes folder to see any of my media to put on my iTunes. All my music is present in the iTunes Music folder.

Any help or suggestions would be great

Many Thanks

Windows 8

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:11 PM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 7:20 AM in response to Emma Du

Looks like you've probably connected to a .itl nested down in the ..\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries\Previous iTunes Libraries folder at some point (and have a third nesting as well!). Shift-start iTunes and use the choose option so you can see which file is currently active. If it doesn't show all of the content that should be in your library you could try browsing to a different folder and try one of the other recent copies. When you work out which .itl file you want to use, close iTunes, copy it up into the main iTunes folder, then rename it as iTunes Library.itl and shift-start iTunes to connect to it on that path. There could be an existing .itl file that you need to rename first.

See also Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash for background on this issue.

Once you have a valid .itl file active in the main iTunes folder we can discuss where your content is, fix any broken links, import any disconnected media, and talk about organizing the library properly.

tt2

Import Issues of Old Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.