Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod is stuck in recovery mode. when i turn it on it only shows ITUNES symbol and usb connect picture, i have tried to power down but it didn't work. home button will not turn it on.

Can anyone help me get out of recovery mode, on my ipod. i can only get USB and itunes connect display even when it not connected to PC?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:01 PM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 1:50 PM in response to jersey08210

Howdy jersey08210,

From your thread it sounds like you seem to be unable to get your phone out of Recovery Mode. I would next try resetting the device with these steps:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work, then you will need to restore it with iTunes:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

User uploaded file

Use iTunes to restore your device. Restoring in recovery mode will erase your device. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you might be able to restore from your backup.

Get more help

Learn what to do if you don't see your device in iTunes for OS X, or in iTunes for Windows.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

ipod is stuck in recovery mode. when i turn it on it only shows ITUNES symbol and usb connect picture, i have tried to power down but it didn't work. home button will not turn it on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.