Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhoto won't open

My iPhoto won't open the last week or so. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this so that I don't lose any of my pics? My iPhoto was moved to an external hard drive last year because it was taking up too large of space on my internal hard drive.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 4:10 PM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2015 4:35 PM in response to dmbnewfie

dmbnewfie wrote:

My iPhoto won't open the last week or so. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this so that I don't lose any of my pics? My iPhoto was moved to an external hard drive last year because it was taking up too large of space on my internal hard drive.

Thanks

Have you shut down in the last week or so? some times an application will not open because parts of it are still running from an abnormal end - had that happen in Safari - where it did not show in Force quit - but couldn't open it - viewing activity showed 2 versions of Safari running - doing a shut down cleared it.

my iPhoto won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.