Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting pics from Photos to iPhoto

Okay, I understand that I can continue to use iPhoto if I want. However, I have imported a hundred or so pictures--from camera or scanner--into Photos since I made the changeover. But my Apple TV doesn't find those pics, just the ones I had in iPhoto. Also, Flickr only seemed to upload the pics in my iPhoto library, ignoring the newer ones that I have in Photos.

At the moment I'd like to just move the new pics from Photos over to iPhoto, if I can. If not, how to make the Apple TV and Flickr notice them?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 6:26 PM

Select the photos in Photos and export (file many ==> export) to a desktop folder - import to iphoto from that folder and then trash the folder

For Apple TV questions there is an Apple TV forum

LN

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 3:33 PM in response to dabell43

You can only migrate form iPhoto to Photos (not the other way) and You can only migrate once - you have done that

and this is not clear

it seems like it duplicates the pix whereas just migrating from iPhoto doesn't duplicate them.

If the photos are already there then importing them again will duplicate them - but I though they were not in iPhoto and that the entire purpose of your question what to have a copy in iPhoto

LN

Jun 2, 2015 3:49 PM in response to LarryHN

Well, actually, the point is moot now because it seems to have righted itself. Maybe it had something to do with shutting down the computer last night. But to clarify, I have several thousand pics in the iPhoto library. When I switched over to Photos, I know that the pics were not actually duplicated. Then I added some more pics to the Photos library, but the Apple TV didn't seem to notice the new ones, just the ones that were in the old iPhoto library. That's why I wanted to move the new ones to the old library. In that case, the pics WOULD be duplicated.

But as I say, it's all academic now. All's well in Apple TV Land once again. Of course, I have the same problem with Flickr, but that's a whole other forum.

Getting pics from Photos to iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.