Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are you satisfied with steaming music to your hearing aids?

Are you satisfied with the sound quality of music streaming with made-for-iphone hearing aids?

My Halo hearing aids are advertised to provide pristine sound. Mine don't, but maybe this can be fixed. Don't get me wrong. They are good hearing aids, but they are bad headphones. Maybe it's a problem with the fit in my ear or the program my audiologist has provided. She suggested that a custom ear mold would restore some of the bass sound that may be leaking out of my ear past the stock domes. The Starkey site has a product called "power domes" that may also provide more complete occlusion than the stock domes.

During the initial fitting, my audiologist got some assistance via phone from a Starkey rep who was more familiar with the iPhone. He provided a memory (Starkey's name for settings) that significantly improved the mid-range. I got some addition improvement using "sound space" feature in the TruLink app. I found that the "sound space" controls were not intuitive. For example, increasing the volume also seemed to change the tone (treble/bass) response, but I was able to get some improvement. Sometimes I use this program "memory" for telephone streaming as well.

I have also found a technical paper on the Starkey web site that addressed the music and compression and noise reduction.

http://blog.starkeypro.com/the-challenges-of-music-listening-through-hearing-aid s/

I have a sense, after reviewing some postings that most iPhone H/A users are not satisfied with quality of musical sound provided by streaming. I don't think this is inevitable. While I don't expect my hearing aids to complete with expensive headphones, there is no reason why they they can't be as good as the standard apple earbuds. I'm interested if anyone as achieved an acceptable level of musical sound quality from their iPhone hearing aids and how this was accomplished.

iPhone 6 ver 8.3

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:57 PM

1 reply

Are you satisfied with steaming music to your hearing aids?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.