Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For new iPhone6 Want To Use Totally Without Any Passwords or iTouch. What Should I Disable ? Will Assume Risks

Hello,

Not too sharp with this. Sr. Citizen (very) now

Will blame it on old age.

New iPhone6. Sure is a lot to know and learn.

Don't want to bother with any sign ins, Passwords, iTouch, etc.

Just want to pick it up and use it.

Am willing to assume the security risks, etc.

What are all the items I should disable, please, or make sure are not checked ?

Where do I find them ?

But, can I still have that "locator service" activated ?

Thanks,

Bob

iPhone 6, Brand new unit.

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 4:03 PM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2015 6:42 PM in response to Robert11X

You can go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and after you enter your passcode you can then tap Turn Passcode Off on the next screen that displays.

You can do that and still leave Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone turned on (which I believe is what you mean by "locator service."

You still will have to enter the password for your Apple ID for a few things such as downloading and installing new apps from the App Store. There isn't any option to not have a password for your Apple ID but it is seldom that you would need to enter it on the phone.

Jun 1, 2015 6:55 PM in response to Robert11X

I understand your concerns but I do recommend that you use a passcode with the Touch ID mostly because, once set up, the Touch ID makes things really really simple and keeps your phone secure. If you purchased the phone at a brick and mortar store, take it back there and ask for help setting up Touch ID. Otherwise, find a younger (and geekier) family member to help you. You might wish to write down the passcode and you won't be the first but, if you never power down the phone, you'll never need it anyway. "Sleep" mode (again super easy) is just as good. There is also a mechanical switch (whoopee!) on the left side that totally silences the phone when necessary.

If you follow my advice and you're still uncomfortable, you can always delete the passcode as described by FoxFifth.

For new iPhone6 Want To Use Totally Without Any Passwords or iTouch. What Should I Disable ? Will Assume Risks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.