Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Air Port Extreme does not see Brother 2270DW

It all started with a thunderstorm that blew out my Cox modem and Air Port Extreme. New modem, new Airport Extreme and all is well but can not print wireless to my Brother 2270 DW.

I lost the print driver in the list of Printers in System Prefs and can't seem to add. I've downloaded drivers from Brothers but have no idea where it installed nor how to add to list of printers. That's problem #1.

As in the previous set up with the Airport Extreme, I have an ethernet cable from the printer to the Airport. I've done the same with the new one and even before I lost the print driver in System Prefs, it could not see the printer.

Someone point me in the right direction please.

Alexander

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 3:44 PM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 3:53 PM in response to Alexander940

In the change over things get lost.. use the printer LCD if it has one or print the configuration pages to find the Printer IP..

Is it set to static, dhcp or something else?

If you use dhcp you will need to use the printer name.. try to ping the name from the computer as well its IP.. but if IP is set statically it must be in the same range as the computer..

That will give you a start.

Jun 1, 2015 6:13 PM in response to Alexander940

In other words it cannot work because it has no ip.

Try to do the setup again.. but if it fails, you can pretty much say the same thunderstorm more than likely took out the ethernet port..

I am sure the W stands for wireless.. setup the Brother by wireless to the airport.. use WPS in the airport utility.. first attempt.. it is not hard at all.

Download the manual for the printer and follow that through.

New Air Port Extreme does not see Brother 2270DW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.