Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6+ is acting glitchy, opening up random apps by itself and dialing random people on my contact list.

My iPhone 6+ is acting glitchy, opening up random apps by itself and dialing random people on my contact list. It's almost as if it has some virus. It happens randomly and sometimes I can't even answer calls because my screen will freeze and I can't tap on anything. I had a Genius Bar appointment and they did a diagnostic test and told me it's a software issue and that I had to reset my phone. NOTHING happened. I just wasted an hour of my day and my phone is still acting up. I already did everything I can possibly think of including deleting apps, doing a soft relaunch, factory resetting, deleting ALL my pictures off my phone and starting new, etc. Still the same. Now Apple is making me make ANOTHER Genius Bar appointment to do a hardware test. I feel like I'm just wasting my time going back and forth. Anyone else ever come across this issue?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 5:27 PM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2015 6:08 PM in response to ajs322

It is quite possible that your phone has a hardware issue. The phone has to be under warranty since the iPhone 6 hasn't even been out for one full year yet. Since they restored the device to factory settings and that didn't do any good, I think your next step would be to get the hardware tested. If the hardware is bad and the phone cannot be repaired, you should get another phone.

Jul 18, 2015 3:26 PM in response to ajs322

My iPhone 6 has done this 3 times this week. I am on a call using earphones and watching the phone add a call (the button highlights), opens my contact list and chooses a contact and dials. It puts my current call on hold too. All 3 times I quickly hit the end call button so I am not sure if it would have merged the calls too. The only thing the 3 times had in common was they names from contact all began with A.

A few weeks ago it just jumped from my email page to the home page then opened text messages and opened a message.

It is very disconcerting. I was going to take it back to Apple but based on what you are going through I am thinking of going straight to my carrier.

My iPhone 6+ is acting glitchy, opening up random apps by itself and dialing random people on my contact list.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.