Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion OS X from Snow Leopard. Now it will not recognize my iPod Nano or iPod touch (OS 6.3). How can I get these devices to connect w/ iTunes?

I recently upgraded my Mac from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion OS X. Since that upgrade which included increased memory, iTunes will not recognize my iPod Nano or my iPodTouch which has OS 6.1,3 and cannot be upgraded to OS 8. My iPhone 6+ and iPad are both recognized and will sync w/ iTunes. Any suggestions on how to get the iPods to be recognized by Mountain Lion OS X would be most welcome.

Thank you.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 6:32 PM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2015 1:50 AM in response to Gayle Bickers

- Try another cable.

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since you seem to have a hardware problem with the iPods since the Mac recognizes the iPhone 6+

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

I upgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion OS X from Snow Leopard. Now it will not recognize my iPod Nano or iPod touch (OS 6.3). How can I get these devices to connect w/ iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.