Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot the answers to my security questions when pruschasing on itunes and now I have been locked out of making any purchases until I come up with the correct responses.

When trying to purchase on itunes, I was asked to verify responses on two security questions. I have not used this itunes account in over a year, so I cannot remember what I wrote or the exact way I wrote the responses...I have tried logging in responses over and over and now I have been locked out for making my purchase. I've been told to have the responses to these security questions forwarded to my security email, but I never once saw that link as an option when trying to proceed through the security question page.

Please help. Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated.

Mac mini

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 4:09 PM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2015 4:14 PM in response to Kappy

Below are the steps that are given to me when I tried to have my security question responses emailed to me...I worked my way through steps 1-3 and then I never once got the link that is mentioned in step 4. It really is silly that this one step is standing in my way of completing my purchase. If there was a way to choose new security questions or something...please help.

1. Go to My Apple ID.
  2. Select Manage your Apple ID and sign in.
  3. Select Password and Security.
  4. Select “Send reset security info email to [rescue email address].” If you don't see a link, contact Apple Support for help.

Jun 1, 2015 4:20 PM in response to davidhasaquestion

That won't work unless you have an already established Rescue Email Address (not your normal email address.) If you have a rescue email address and don't see a message, then check your Junk and Trash mailboxes.

Otherwise, call Apple support. See Item 3 above. In the future before posting your "me, too" post please look at any answers already posted.

I forgot the answers to my security questions when pruschasing on itunes and now I have been locked out of making any purchases until I come up with the correct responses.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.