Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s getting very hot

I have a 5s, it's a little more than a year old. I usually go to sleep with my phone plugged in charging and occasionally with FaceTime Audio running. Usually I wake up and it's a normal temperature, but this morning it was so hot I jumped back after touching it. The battery has been draining much faster than normal today also, it drained 5% in four minutes of use. Every time I use it today it gets unnaturally hot. What could be wrong?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 4:25 PM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2015 4:28 PM in response to cinnamon-cat

It is very possible there is a process stuck trying to run and it cannot finish. Double-tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking list, and swipe upwards on the thumbnails of the apps listed there. After that, do a reset on the phone, hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. See if this helps relieve your problem.

Iphone 5s getting very hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.