Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari's undesirable memory

I frequently visit a big european newspaper and read several sections, one of them written in Catalan language. My reading of this page was meant to be a one time visit but Safari learned it and now I cannot access with Safari the main sections of this web, just the one I once visited By chance. I have tried to wipe out the memory, rebooting, even the Apple app to clear the clipboard but it keeps sending me to this incidental page no matter what I request. I notice that it does so by choosing the m. type of web, but cannot delete it and accede to other sections. It does not happen with Chrome

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 5:17 PM

Try Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

3 replies

Jun 1, 2015 5:46 PM in response to JimHdk

OK. I had considered this (which actually works) but I was reluctant because it indiscrimately wipes out everything. I was hoping to find a more personalized operation, but this kidnapping made me mad everytime, so I have followed your advice. Thank you. The problem and some useful things are gone.

Safari's undesirable memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.