Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

powerbook g4 bricked HD

Hi fellow Mac user,

I need help. I got a powerbook g4 from my aunt 5 years ago. I know this machine is already obselete, but I want to use it for simple task(address book, Text edit, etc.). I cant afford a new one yet, that is why I want to recover it from a corrupted state.

Here is the device condition: It is not booting anymore, it was stuck at the apple logo grey screen.

Probable cause: I restore a mac os x tiger dmg file using utility disk and used my HD as destination folder.(not knowing what I am doing) After, I reboot and BOOM!

Question: Can I still reformat my powerbook(I don't have the install disk. But planning to buy from ebay.) Or is there a process of deleting double copy of files through the terminal command line?

thanks in advance

jason

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 6:12 PM

1 reply

powerbook g4 bricked HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.