Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail is not receiving email

Mail is not receiving mail.

I get message: "Could not connect with this POP servver."

Worked one Minute: And then the next it stopped

Its not the settings: With the same setting I am able to get mail with my ios and another mail client.

I quit Mail several times and rebooted several times.

Please help! Thanks!

Bruce

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 6:52 PM

18 replies

Jun 1, 2015 7:41 PM in response to bhonig

First, obviously, there is no way to sign out of/back into the Mail application. Second, you said you are not receiving emails? Can you send emails? I would contact the ISP and check with them as it appears to be their server. You could also - just to be sure - delete your account in Mail and add it back again just to make sure there is no problem there. And, is your account listed in the Internet Accounts Pane in System Preferences?

I have a POP account and these are the port settings:

User uploaded file

Jun 1, 2015 7:44 PM in response to bhonig

When I go to account outside of Mail I get this...

"Internet Accounts preference can't connect to account "bruce".

Enter the password for user "[name of email]"

Passwords: ••••••••

unable to verify account name or password"

Apparently the system is not accepting the account name or password, but the account name and password is correct for my ISP

Jun 1, 2015 7:55 PM in response to babowa

Babowa:

Thanks!! Correct I am not receiving emails but I can send them. There seems to be no problem with the ISP since it is working with my ios. However, I did notify them...have not heard yet. I don't want to delete the accounts (there are two) since if I delete them I will lose all my previous email, unless you have an Idea as to how to do that. I tried to create a new account and it would not let me. I suspect there is something rotten on the systems level. My screen is slightly different than yours, I'm using 10.9.5 OS. I don't have "automatically detect and maintain account settings."

Mail is not receiving email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.