Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I deregister my email address (Apple ID) from iMessage?

Hi,

I am a new Macbook Air owner and currently have a non-Apple phone.

As I don't have an Apple phone, I have never had iMessage. While using my Macbook Air, I have opened and used iMessage which is currently linked to my Apple ID/my email. This may have been a mistake as now any contacts that use iMessage and have my phone number linked to my email address will send their text messages through iMessage. As I don't have an Apple phone, this means their "texts" will go to my Macbook Messages, and not to my phone.

This may have been confusing so simply put: Some iPhone users' text messages to my phone are being sent to my Macbook instead of my phone as they have my email address linked to my contact details.

To try and fix this, I would like to deregister my Apple ID/email address from iMessage. However, I can only find an Apple tool that can deregister phone numbers from iMessage. I have tried this tool but because my phone number was never registered with iMessage, it does not work.

I would very much appreciate if any can tell me how to do this, or have any other suggestions to fix this problems.

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 7:19 PM

1 reply

How do I deregister my email address (Apple ID) from iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.