Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else getting "a new missed voice message" spam from iCloud mail?

I just noticed in the last week or so, I'm getting iCloud email (in my Mac iCloud "junk" folder), that says " a new missed voice message" … and has a green button wanting me to "auto play" the message (which I never have clicked on for obvious reasons. The email return address is always someone I don't know, and looks like it's always coming from an overseas email address.

I've attached a screen grab of what these typical iCloud emails look like:

User uploaded file

Does anyone else receive these, know what they are, how to get rid of them ….. or stop them from "invading" my iMac iCloud mail?

Any info will be much appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Apple TV, iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 6:00 PM

3 replies

Jun 8, 2015 3:59 PM in response to DavidMac

I've been getting the exact same spam emails. Some say they are just missed voicemail some say they are from whats app like this one.

I've been turning them in to spam@icloud.com multiple times per day. It's getting ridiculous. Apple needs to step up and fix this. it's likely coming from the same sources. I'm getting these on accounts I've never given out and never used to get spam on before. One of the emails I've never used at all but I've had it for years. I've only ever used the alias on for it. Suddenly I'm getting a ton of these spam emails.

I'm trying to find another place to turn it in to Apple support. I know the "don't read" the boards. The increase in icloud spam in the last few months is really over the top. I've been a user since it was .mac and I've never had a spam problem like this before.

User uploaded file

Anyone else getting "a new missed voice message" spam from iCloud mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.