Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my password to login to App Store and still get error message

I reset my password to login into App store and stick get error message "Unknown error".

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 8:01 PM

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services ▹ Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and test. If there's no change, restore the item you deleted from a backup, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Otherwise, you may need to recreate some of your settings in the Network preference pane.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go ▹ Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Credit for this solution to ASC member luis.pinho.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2015 8:01 PM in response to CololoradoKid

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services ▹ Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and test. If there's no change, restore the item you deleted from a backup, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Otherwise, you may need to recreate some of your settings in the Network preference pane.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go ▹ Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Credit for this solution to ASC member luis.pinho.

I reset my password to login to App Store and still get error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.