Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought numbers years and many machines ago. Why do I haver to purchase it again?

Why do I have to purchase numbers again. I purchased it many machines and many years ago. will I have to start purchasing all of my apple software again after upgrading my hardware?

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 8:05 PM

7 replies

Jun 2, 2015 3:46 AM in response to SGIII

That's what I thought but it is not. There is no iWork on my machine (MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9), no Numbers, no Keynote. Going to a Back Up HD of my last machine (10.6) I have iWork 9 but I cannot open Numbers. When I go to download it, iTunes or whatever it is now, wants money. I have seen workaround methods but they all end up telling me I have to upgrade to Yosemite.

Last winter when I purchased this machine new I spent nearly 10 hours on hold and another solid ten hours with tech assist trying to get a working copy of Yosemite onto this machine. I finally had to insist we go back to 10.9 so I would have a working machine. I'm not going through that again. Different paths toward Apple Customer Support reject the Serial Number of my 10.9 machine. If I have to purchase this software again, this would be my third time in the past ten years and I can guarantee this will be my last Mac.

Jun 2, 2015 4:01 AM in response to SGIII

I bought it from the Apple Store in Providence RI. I don't have another day to take it to them just to get a piece of software working. Phone support with Apple becomes hours and hours on hold and dropped calls. The online chat support type things keep rejecting my serial number. I've given Apple all the slack I have left for them and I'm still stuck with buying the same software three times.

Jun 2, 2015 6:16 AM in response to adcdefg

Well, your experience, as you describe it. And you appear to have ruled out what might (based on your description) be the most efficient way to address the problem: make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have an expert look at your machine to sort out the problems you are having with upgrading the OS and Numbers.

SG

Jun 2, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Wayne Contello

I'm done. This morning my serial number worked and I spent 2 hours with two different techs. Same result as always with Apple. You go on that screen share thing and they lead you to a point where you lose the connection then you get to start all over with a new person. Had nearly 20 hours of my time last time in to this thing trying to get Yosemite to get my bloody email before I finally gave up and insisted they get the machine back to Mavericks. I don't have the full day to go to Providence and 'maybe' get it working, I'm tired of paying to be a beta tester. I'll buy third party software that works and this will be my last Apple, 5 of them and each one worse than the previous.

Thanks Wayne, been there, done that. Won't let me download without upgrading to Yosemite and I've already put about twenty hours in to holds and Apple techs trying to make Yosemite work back when the machine was new. I'll go the third party route and that's the end of Apple.

I bought numbers years and many machines ago. Why do I haver to purchase it again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.