Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Itunes can't connect to Airport express

suddenly, I can't play itunes. It will connect to computer, but not the express?

Airport Extreme 802.11ac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 6:10 PM

2 replies

Jun 3, 2015 2:14 PM in response to teampamps

Hey teampamps,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are trying to play iTunes to an Airport Express and the Airplay icon doesn't appear. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring - Apple Support

Ensure that you followed these steps to use AirPlay in iTunes.

If the AirPlay icon User uploaded file still doesn't appear, try one of the following steps:

• If you want to AirPlay to an Apple TV, ensure that AirPlay is enabled on the Apple TV. From the Apple TV main menu, go to Settings > AirPlay. This should be set to On.
  • If you want to AirPlay to an Airport Express, ensure that AirPlay is enabled in the device settings.
  • If you want to AirPlay to a 3rd party AirPlay-enabled device, refer to the user guide.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

My Itunes can't connect to Airport express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.