Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete tones

how do I delete a tone downloaded from internet in I tunes library

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:19 PM

Hi juliefromboynton beach,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you want to delete a ringtone that is on the iPhone. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

You can't delete purchased ringtones or tones directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. But you can delete them by syncing to a computer with iTunes. Learn how to sync your iOS device with your computer.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

You can turn on syncing for Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, Audiobooks, Tones, Photos, and Info. To turn on syncing, click the content type from the list under settings, then click the box next to Sync [content type]. If there's a check in the box already, syncing is turned on for that tab. To turn off syncing, uncheck the box.

Cheers,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 2:19 PM in response to juliefromboynton beach

Hi juliefromboynton beach,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you want to delete a ringtone that is on the iPhone. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

You can't delete purchased ringtones or tones directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. But you can delete them by syncing to a computer with iTunes. Learn how to sync your iOS device with your computer.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

You can turn on syncing for Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, Audiobooks, Tones, Photos, and Info. To turn on syncing, click the content type from the list under settings, then click the box next to Sync [content type]. If there's a check in the box already, syncing is turned on for that tab. To turn off syncing, uncheck the box.

Cheers,

Mario

delete tones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.