Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert media to burn disk is the msg i get when i try to xport to DVD, m using 10.0.8 and OSX 10.9.5, been using the same procedure but this time round, don't ono what went wrong. plz help.

insert media to burn disk is the msg i get when i try to xport to DVD, m using 10.0.8 and OSX 10.9.5, been using the same procedure but this time round, don't ono what went wrong. plz help.

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:23 PM

16 replies

Jun 2, 2015 2:54 AM in response to rzr hi-pa link

Try this: when creating the dvd, select your hard drive as the destination, and save it somewhere (your Desktop, say).

This will create a disk image file (e.g. myfilm.img). Now control-click this file, and choose Open With->Disk Utility. Select it in the left pane and click "Burn".

If it burns all right, then you at least have your disc, and know something is wrong in FCP X for you; if it fails, then you'll it is either something with your drive or the discs, and you can perhaps try another brand.

Jun 2, 2015 7:52 AM in response to rzr hi-pa link

The end result quality is the same, whether burning directly or creating a disk image in the hard drive - the same bytes, just written onto different places. So going this route is NOT responsible for the loss of quality.

Don't forget that DVD are standard definition, and also, quite significantly: are watching the resulting DVD on your mac, or a player attached to a TV? DVD never look great on a computer...

Jun 8, 2015 9:39 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis, yo solution helped out but nw am stuck again. while burning DVD through Disk utility, Sh'd i use Super Drive Or TSScorp CDDVDW SE-208DB? If super

drive, why does it remain dull even after i insert DVD and if TSScorp CDDVDW SE.... why does it give me this error after finishing burn and can't play in my player? Luis please help.User uploaded file

Jun 9, 2015 2:57 AM in response to rzr hi-pa link

Is this TSSCorp an external DVD burner?

Can you do this step by step and make screenshots? I don't have a DVD burner but as I recall it should be something like:

1) Select the disk image, click the Burn button

2) Select the drive to burn to from the menu -

3) Insert a disc; it typically says something like "waiting for a disc to be inserted" followed by "wainting for the drive"

4) The burn button finally becomes active

5) Click burn and let it finish

Jun 9, 2015 3:50 AM in response to rzr hi-pa link

I see the "waiting for a disc to be inserted..." message in your screenshot; but apparently instead of the burn button becoming active after a while, you are getting the dialog asking what to do. Where did you insert the disc? I am guessing that not on the Superdrive. If that is the case, eject and insert the disc into the supredrive instead. If you did insert the disc into the superdrive, then click "Ignore" and it should proceed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.