Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't clear spaceon ipad

In the early days I would download all kinds of apps onto my iPad2 and before I knew it, the space was filled up. I am resisting a master reset, but here is what is happening.

I got into iTunes and open up the iPad.

1. Under the "On My Device" section none of the sections,i.e music, movies, etc. show there is any content.

2. When I click on Apps, I have gone through and changed them all to "remove" and so now they all say "install".

I have resynced, rebooted, etc. etc.

Now when I go into the iTunes app at the bottom where it displays space usage it shows some audio, more Video, and a LOT of apps...4.5 GB free....

Where is the 27 GB going? Ya, I know some are the built-in apps...but why can't I reclaim my memory?

Also, why doesn't the iTune screen "honor" the multi-window option, i.e. when you click "show windows side by side"...nothing happens..no choice but max and min??

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:10 PM

On your device, go to settings-general-usage, this will tell you how much disk space is used and how much is available. Then tap on manage storage, this will generate a list of where your data is going. Usually you nedd to make the adjustments on the first two or three things on the top of the list. Hope this helps 🙂

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2015 9:10 PM in response to testshoot

On your device, go to settings-general-usage, this will tell you how much disk space is used and how much is available. Then tap on manage storage, this will generate a list of where your data is going. Usually you nedd to make the adjustments on the first two or three things on the top of the list. Hope this helps 🙂

Jun 2, 2015 8:54 AM in response to sistersoregon

Thanks, I hadn't looked there. I found out two things.

1. Despite having removed applications in iTunes on my PC, I still had to go to the iPad and delete each app, one by one. Doesn't make sense to me that if I told iTunes to remove them that I also had to remove them on the iPad. Since the two were synced, I feel the "remove" instruction should have been carried out on the iPad.

2. When I go in to the section you suggested, I see music and videos. When I go into the same section in iTunes, all of those are blank.

Music in iTunes is blank, on the device there is 1.2GB

Videos in iTunes is blank, on the device there is 6.8GB

Why doesn't iTunes show the same music and videos that the tablet does?

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2015 5:45 PM in response to sistersoregon

I see all of the videos and music on the tablet, but iTunes only reports the space usage and shows none of the song or video titles. In settings on the iPad the video set is set to show all. Once again, the problem isn't on the iPad side, the problem is in iTunes show the space used, not showing the actual content. Not one single title is showing under music or videos.

The songs and videos are a combination or purchased from iTunes and ones copied from my PC.

Thanks Sister 🙂

can't clear spaceon ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.