Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 13" speakers broken

Hi,

a month ago I played some Korean show on VLC and suddenly i find the sound gets really distorted. Afterwards, whatever music/sound i play, the bass is lost and loud noises have distortion in them. Even the startup "ding" noise is distorted.

I've tried resetting PRAM NVRAM all the things i read can be reset is done. I also tried going into the utilities-audio and try toggling the buttons there.. no change.

I live in Indonesia and there's no apple stores here and frankly I'd like to fix this problem myself if at all possible. What should I do?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:37 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 5:50 AM in response to trix_gal

You really shouldn't try to fix a MacBook on your own because the hardware can be very hard to find and can be very expensive, sometimes even more expensive than what apple would charge. Apple runs their company like an automotive dealership where they have special tools that only they have, forcing you to come to them when you need help. If it's less than a year old or purchased the additional Apple Care+ when you purchased your MacBook, Apple should cover it if it's a factory defect. I know you did say you reset everything possible but did you reset your SMC? If not, it could be malfunctioning and causing that issue. My brother had that problem before and all we needed to do was reset the SMC. The SMC is responsible for managing the power throughout the system. If you can't find a solution, I would call Apple and see if they can send you a box to you so you can ship it to them.

MBP 13" speakers broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.