Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Core Audio is not available" message in Logic Pro X

I'm getting a message that says "Core Audio is not available" whenever I try to record in Logic Pro X. I'm using a MacBook Pro. There doesn't seem to be a way to record-enable a track either. If I try to add a new audio track in the hopes of being able to record-enable it from the get-go, it says I've added the maximum amount of audio tracks. This is insane. Everyone uses more than 4 audio tracks, are they out of their minds? ***.

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:27 PM

Yes, it was checked.

5 replies

Jun 1, 2015 7:30 PM in response to ReubenWalton

Go to Logic's preferences/Audio tab and make sure Core Audio is checked.......

You might also want to take a little time and learn about LPX a little more... as you appear to not fully understand the basics...

I would suggest you check out the GEM series... especially the iBooks interactive versions... though the PDF versions are really good too! 🙂

http://www.dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/Manuals.html

Well worth your time to do so imho......

Jun 1, 2015 9:39 PM in response to ReubenWalton

If Core Audio was checked and you still got/get that error msg....

Then , it sounds like something has hijacked Core Audio such as one of the Audio Router type apps.... Like SoundFlower or Jack....

Or....

You have another misbehaving Audio app running on your Mac...... Check and quit all other apps to test.. (including ones running in the background..

Failing all the above.. then please run Etrecheck.... the excellent free diagnostics tool.. and post up the report generated, here...

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Cheers..

Nigel

Additional: The max number of Audio tracks in LPX is 255.......

"Core Audio is not available" message in Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.