Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Verify Identity of Device ... App Store and Macbook Pro

I was attempting to open an App (iReal Pro) and when it opened, I got a prompt saying "“iReal Pro” was purchased using the App Store on another computer. To use “iReal Pro” on this computer, sign in using the Apple ID and password used to purchase it."

This is the computer i used to purchase the APP. The app was working FINE until a few hours ago.

When I attempt to sign in, I get an error that reads "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

I get the same error when trying to sign into the APP STORE.

So, I changed my iCloud password and updated my password on all my devices.

I can sign into iCloud.com with no problems.

When I open SYSTEM PREFERENCES and click on iCloud and try to sign in, I get "You cannot sign in to iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of this Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in again."

I have looked up every article and discussion thread and tried all the tips but to no avail. I"m locked out of not only these Apps i need for work but also iMessages and Mail since i can't sign into iCloud on my computers System Prefs.

ANY help is appreciated. I'm in a bind and need this for work tomorrow.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), MainStage, Live, Kontakt 5

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 11:01 PM

6 replies

Oct 3, 2015 6:28 AM in response to Dallas Kruse

I had this issue too and found that if I unplugged all my external devices from my 2009 Mac Mini and then reset the NVRAM by holding down Command-Option-P-R after a restart (Startup key combinations for Mac - Apple Support) that I was able to login to iCloud again. Coincidentally, not being connected to iCloud was also preventing me applying OSX El Capitan too which I have now been to do without issue due to this fix.

Cannot Verify Identity of Device ... App Store and Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.