Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bad picture quality using HDMI on monitor and Thunderbolt on Mac Mini

I just bought a new cable for my monitor which connects from a HDMI port on the monitor to a thunderbolt port on the Mac Mini. The picture quality is bad...flashing snow covers the entire screen. Could someone tell me what could be causing this and how I can fix it? Thanks for your help.

Mac mini

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:11 AM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2015 12:53 PM in response to lllaass

Yes, my monitor has the option of VGA and that is the type of cable I had but I have been having problems with the computer not being able to find a signal and thought it might be the cable so I went to the store to get a new cable today. This is the one that the sales person recommended. The good thing is that the monitor is staying connected but the picture is bad. However, I did change the resolution and the original problem is gone. My friend says that something is wrong because it looks like the letters on the screen are vibrating. I can't see it but my eyesight is not that good. I thought I would try to play around with the resolution to see if I can fix that problem. Thanks for your answer.

bad picture quality using HDMI on monitor and Thunderbolt on Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.