Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple modem with build-in wi fi

My Comcast service is a triple play --includes TV: Land Ph Line , and Internet . The old Comcast router has failed -unable to connect using wi fi to apple tv or to my Mac pro laptop. works ok using ethernet for the Mac. Understand there is a comcast "gateway modem with build-in wi fi . which I can exchange for free. However why pay extra monthly rent for this --rather like to just buy a reliable Apple replacement and own it. Now big Q-my other computer is a windows vista ,is there a apple modem with build-in wi-fi or even a apple modem with separate router replacement that can also handle what I have which is a Mac Pro, Windows Vsta Computes and a Apple TV and a Phone landline, like my present Comcast modem/router did? Please advice.

Mac Pro, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier, windows vista desktop

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:02 PM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2015 12:38 AM in response to Ponit

No, you must have a modem.. apple make routers with no modems.. so you first of all must have a modem.. and if you have triple service then you must buy a suitable router which does phone and TV service.. apple routers cannot handle those things.

You can plug an apple router into the comcast router and set it to your main wireless AP.. but it must be bridged and not taking over the router duties.

apple modem with build-in wi fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.