Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5th Generation and 7th Generation iPods

Okay, I recently was asking questions about how to fix the iPods, but I think I've figured them out. But, now I'm having a new problem.

On my 5th Generation iPod I was able to transfer ALL the purchases to my Library and then I was able to make new playlists. But, here's the thing, I can't get rid of the playlists that are on my device. I've tried and it won't delete. I can delete the new playlists, but I don't want too. How can I delete the old playlists that are on my device and use the new playlist?

My other problem is I have a 7th Generation iPod and when I plug the iPod in, I see the purchases from my 5th Generation iPod in there. When I try to transfer the purchases on my 7th Generation, it shows the 5th Generation purchases. I want to transfer my purchases on my 7th Generation to my Library for the 7th Generation. The songs are different on the 5th and 7th Generations. I don't want the same songs on them. I was able to fix them when I first got the iPods, but now I can't remember.

On my 5th Generation iPod, when I go to the Summary and then to Music, it tells me to Remove and Sync the music. So, I click on that, and then I want to only click the new playlists, but when I press okay, it tells me that "The iPod "Raven's iPod" is synced with another iTunes library on "RAVEN'S-PC". Do you want to erase this iPod and sync with this iTunes library?"

What does that mean? I don't want to erase any music, but I'm not understanding if it means it will erase my music from the 7th Generation music, or what?

I'm debating on whether I should put both iPods on my laptop, and take them back to the Apple Store so the technicians will be able to help me. I want to fix the previous problem a while back, but I'm having problems trying to figure it out. I'm sorry that I might be confusing anyone but if anyone can help me, I would love the help.

Thanks,

Raven.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 11:31 PM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 3:06 PM in response to raven uchiha

Why wasn't all this music on your computer in your iTunes Library?

If you sync the Nano when you are getting that message it will erase all the music from the Nano but if all your music is now on the new library you will just need to sync the music again. When you connect either Nano to your computer click on the name of the Nano in iTunes then select the Music tab and select the songs you want to sync.

My 5th Generation and 7th Generation iPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.