Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Projector Screen's Flickering issue

Hi,

I just recorded an event with 50P. Unfortunately, Flickering issue on the Projector's Screen on the recorded clips.

Question : I really can't do anything during Editing or via Compressor to SOLVE Tmr Flickering problem?

Your help is appreciated!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:51 PM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 2:24 AM in response to mactreouser

mactreouser wrotte:

So nothing can do to that?

hmm, well, .. there are plugins claiming to get rid of it, search for "FCPX deflicker", no recommendations from me= no hands-on experience...

Flicker usually occur, when your cam records with a diff. frame-rate then the projection (or just the lamps which illuminate scenery, fluorescence lamps are 'killer'), it's 24/25/29.97/50... vs 50/60Hz ..... therefor my recommendation to 'insert' the projection in edit - gives the best results inshortest time.... except, presenter has to be masked-out (SliceX is your friend!!) ... 😝

And in case you can't get rid of him/her - cut-away to a full-screen slide, or some neutral "the audience is listening sleeping" shot, or show anything which 'fits'.

Projector Screen's Flickering issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.