Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't recall ever installing Apple Remote Desktop yet it appears in my updates.

I don't recall ever installing Apple Remote Desktop yet it appears in my recent updates. This is not something I would knowingly install because I'm not real keen on the whole remote access idea. But I don't know enough to know whether I should be concerned or not. Is this something that comes bundled in with other Apple programs by chance? Does having this on my computer make it more susceptible to intrusion/invasion? Could someone outside my own home network access my computer? I feel like there's something I'm forgetting to ask.. If anyone has any additional information they want to share, it would be helpful and much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 9:56 PM

1. The client version of it is bundled with Mac OS X. The administration application is a separate product.

2. No.

3. Not unless you’re running a server on it, and have configured your router to allow access.

(128190)

2 replies

I don't recall ever installing Apple Remote Desktop yet it appears in my updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.