Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

friends got iPhone 6 - my iPhone 5 is his old phone - they are merged in iCloud

does anyone have an idea how to completely clean this mess up? Friend for over 20yrs. sells me his old 5s and mails it out to me with a new SIM. He did not back up his contacts / photos / messages etc. on iCloud and factory reset the iPhone before mailing it. He asks me to back the info up onto my computer so he can pull it off of the iCloud from home in San Diego. Some how or another our phones have merged over the cloud.

I have had help from an average tech from apple and a senior tech from apple. I have gotten lucky and cleared up the issue far more than they were able to do.... pure luck trust me.... I thought I had it done when an hour or more ago I found his name again..... under my apple id.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, great friend sold it to me

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:58 PM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2015 11:02 PM in response to KevRonB6GotTheBOD4u2

Over a time frame of about a week the log in names / passwords / and profile photos have changed places and switched back and forth from our phones and computers. I believe it took place because we were both on the cloud at the same time with 2 iphones that had his information on them. However over the weeks time frame I have become the primary account holder on both phones.... not purposely done. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regard,

Kevin

Jun 2, 2015 12:39 AM in response to KevRonB6GotTheBOD4u2

I have read your post and just have a couple of questions to better understand the issue. You say that " He did not back up his contacts / photos / messages etc. on iCloud and factory reset the iPhone before mailing

If in fact he did a factory reset, the device would have been erased and there would be no data for you to back up. So my first question would be

1. Did you backup the device, was the data still on it? Was the backup done on your computer? The only way he could access an itunes backup on

your computer, would be to attach his device to your computer during migration and select the latest backup.

2. You state: He asks me to back the info up onto my computer so he can pull it off of the iCloud from home in San Diego.

You cannot pull a backup from icloud.com

3. You state: However over the weeks time frame I have become the primary account holder on both phones.

The only way you could be the primary on both devices is if you signed into icloud on both devices with your apple id. Or both devices were setup with the same backup, being yours

You would need to be a bit clearer on the actual events and in the order they occurred to be able to assist with a resolution.

As the way you have outlined them, is a bit confusing.

friends got iPhone 6 - my iPhone 5 is his old phone - they are merged in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.