Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passbook not updating watch

passbook on watch isn't updating boarding passes. I deleted an old boarding pass on my phone and added a new one today. watch still has the old pass and the new one never showed on my watch.

tried switching between mirror my phone and custom...no luck

Apple Watch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:59 PM

15 replies

Nov 27, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Micah

Hayden Kaminsky wrote:

The iPhone and Apple Watch do not sync passes automatically unless you manually enable that option. You have to add your passes to each device independently, because the cards are stored in the device's Secure Element chip.

This is incorrect. Payment cards need to be added separately to each device for use via Apple Pay, but the same does not apply to passes.

Passes in Wallet on iPhone automatically sync to Apple Watch. On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Wallet & Apple Pay > check that Mirror my iPhone is selected under the Notifications heading (this is the default selection).

More information: https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd4362807a0

Aug 17, 2016 2:18 AM in response to Jonathan UK

dear jonathan,

thank you.

my devices are all up-to-date.

but it is not working ;-(

what is strange is that e.g. from the 8 boarding passes only the middle four are synced

i reset the data on my watch

on my iphone deactivated and reactivated wallet in settings

restarted both of them several times

again now after approx 9/10 days the latest boarding passes i.e. from august 8 are synced

best,

passbook not updating watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.