Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many Logic outputs can I assign to airplay?

I know this will create debate about why... but... I have researched this and short of purchasing the equipment (that I am not sure will do the trick), I would like to know how far I can take this.

I would love to run 8 different output signals from Logic to 8 powered airplay speakers, ideally. Is it possible?

Thanks for your knowledge!

Logic Pro X, iOS 8.3, Airplay

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:21 AM

I'm not sure the exact configuration, so here are two options both are set up in the Audio MIDI Setup utilities app (in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder):

Multi-Output

All your 8 airplay speakers should show up in the Audio MIDI Setup as Audio Devices. Select the Multi-Otput Device. You can add multiple Audio Devices (your 8 speakers) to it by just selecting them. Now when you select that multi-output Device (you can rename it) as the Output Device in Logic, then your output bus will play through all the 8 Devices.

User uploaded file

Aggregate Device:

If you want to route individual Output Channel Strips to individual Audio Devices, then you have to create an Aggregate Device in the Audio MIDI Setup. Select one (the one with the blue Button) and enable all the Audio Devices you want to combine in that virtual Audio Device. Now when you select that Device in Logic, you should see the individual output Devices "inside" the Aggregate Deice, as individual outputs that you can select on your Output Button of any Channel Strip. Logic creates a separate Output Channel Strip for each output channel in your Aggregate Device.

BTW, the Plus Button in the lower left corner of the Audio MIDI Setup lets you create additional Aggregate Devices or Multi-Output Devices to create different combinations.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 9:21 AM in response to danfromyamba

I'm not sure the exact configuration, so here are two options both are set up in the Audio MIDI Setup utilities app (in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder):

Multi-Output

All your 8 airplay speakers should show up in the Audio MIDI Setup as Audio Devices. Select the Multi-Otput Device. You can add multiple Audio Devices (your 8 speakers) to it by just selecting them. Now when you select that multi-output Device (you can rename it) as the Output Device in Logic, then your output bus will play through all the 8 Devices.

User uploaded file

Aggregate Device:

If you want to route individual Output Channel Strips to individual Audio Devices, then you have to create an Aggregate Device in the Audio MIDI Setup. Select one (the one with the blue Button) and enable all the Audio Devices you want to combine in that virtual Audio Device. Now when you select that Device in Logic, you should see the individual output Devices "inside" the Aggregate Deice, as individual outputs that you can select on your Output Button of any Channel Strip. Logic creates a separate Output Channel Strip for each output channel in your Aggregate Device.

BTW, the Plus Button in the lower left corner of the Audio MIDI Setup lets you create additional Aggregate Devices or Multi-Output Devices to create different combinations.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How many Logic outputs can I assign to airplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.