Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export iDVD Project to run on another computer

I'm sure this will have been asked many times over the years but I've never had a reason to ask the question until now.

After creating an iDVD project, can I export it (or save it) onto a different disk (e.g. external) or memory stick in such a format that it will play on another computer, which is either someone else's Mac or one of those Windows things?

Generally, I am creating my iDVD projects on a older MacPro that is running OSX 10.7.5

Thanks and regards,

Cliff

Brighton, UK

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iMac

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:23 AM

Use the File ➙ Archive Project menu option to copy all of the media used in the project into the iDVD project package.

User uploaded file

When you transfer the project package to the other Mac all of the media files, videos, photos, music, etc. will be included. The other Mac will have to have iDVD installed in order to open and edit/preview the project.

If all you want to do is be able to play the project on another Mac with DVD Player use the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. Copy the disk image to the other Mac, double click on it to mount and play with DVD Player.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 9:23 AM in response to Cliff Drew1

Use the File ➙ Archive Project menu option to copy all of the media used in the project into the iDVD project package.

User uploaded file

When you transfer the project package to the other Mac all of the media files, videos, photos, music, etc. will be included. The other Mac will have to have iDVD installed in order to open and edit/preview the project.

If all you want to do is be able to play the project on another Mac with DVD Player use the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. Copy the disk image to the other Mac, double click on it to mount and play with DVD Player.

User uploaded file

Export iDVD Project to run on another computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.