Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 10 stabilize sync

Hi everyone.

I have been working on some project lately where I have 1 video clip. I will give you an example of what I am trying to do:

3 seconds in to the clip I wish to put on a slowmotion effect. To do this, I split the clip in two parts and then add the slowmotion to the second part. Then when I play they whole clip, the first 3 seconds are normal speed and the it turns into slowmotion, which is what I wanted.

Then I wish to stabilize both clips but after this is done the problem occurs. When I playback the entire clip again the first 3 seconds play normally and everything is fine but when the second part begins and the slowmotion begins, I notice a huge "jump" in the clip. It's like the two stabilizations have been done separately and not as in one clip, which makes it look like two entirely different video clips.

I have also tried doing the stabilization before splitting the clip in two pieces but the same thing happens.

Anyone have any solutions for this?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:32 AM

5 replies

Jun 2, 2015 10:15 PM in response to GeeD

Thank you for your answer. It somewhat helped me.

Say I have a clip which I want to view fully in the beginning but later on, I wish to zoom in on a specific detail and hold that specific zoom for the rest of the clip. So far I have been doing this by using the ken burns from the point where I want to zoom in and then split the clip from where I want it to hold the zoom but also here the stabilizer gets messy as it does the same thing with the transition between the now two separate clips. Is there a similar solution for this? I have looked around a bit for help but without luck.

Jun 3, 2015 1:00 AM in response to Volipyk

This is easy to do with Final Cut Pro where you have keyframes and can change zoom dynamically within a single clip. With iMovie the best I can suggest is to play around with the final ken burns settings in the first clip (with the zoom) to best match that of the second (constantly zoomed) part. Remaining small glitches

can be 'softened' by putting a cross dissolve or other transition there.

Geoff.

imovie 10 stabilize sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.