Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library taking 2+ gigs - iCloud photo library is OFF

I recently realized that my iCloud photo library appeared to be filling up my phone. To prove it, I decided to turn it off to see if I would regain some storage. However when I look in General -> Usage -> Manage Storage it shows that Photos and Camera are taking 2.3 GB and specifically the Photo Library.

When I look under Photos and Albums it says "No Photos or Videos". There is stuff under iCloud Photo Sharing.

Where is all this storage being taken up?

photos 1.0-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:55 AM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2015 8:20 AM in response to jobfromatlanta

Hi jobfromatlanta,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to know why iCloud Photo Library seems to be taking up space on your iPhone. By default, your iCloud Photo library keeps all of your photos and videos in high-resolution and this could be why space is being used. You can turn on Optimize Storage in the iCloud settings to save space on your iPhone. For more information on optimizing your photos and information on the process in general, please refer to the attached article below.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Photo library taking 2+ gigs - iCloud photo library is OFF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.