Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi display res, text too small - solution other than lower res?

Hello all.

I have a new 27" iMac. I would like to use the default display res of 2560 x 1440, but the font size system wide is too small.

Is there ANY way to increase this font size without having to use a lower display res?

Because as it is, I've downgraded to 2048 x 1152 just so I can read everything, but the lo res shows badly in programs like the Adobe cc. Everything, including my colour swatch palettes, have a kind of moire around it, similar to jpeg artifacts.

I know that I can change font size on some of my apps, as well as my desktop, but not everything, and it's the Finder menu that really gets me!

Help anyone?

B.

P.S. My apologies if there is already a thread like this somewhere that I didn't find 🙂

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:01 AM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2015 7:50 AM in response to Belly Buckle

Is there ANY way to increase this font size without having to use a lower display res?

Unfortunately, Macs do not have that capability (I wish they did). I've tried this a couple of times, but it is tedious: when working in an app that needs high resolution, simply change it while working on that and then change it back later.

Jun 2, 2015 8:22 AM in response to Belly Buckle

I have a 21.5" mid-2010 i-Mac and often find small font size (or low contrast fonts) hard to read. One work around that I really like is to hold down the control key and scroll with he mouse. This is basically a version of the zoom command but instantly and easily available to zoom larger then again back smaller. The main down side to it is that (as I have it configured) the screen centers on your cursor and the entire screen image follows your cursor when you move the mouse. You may need to set this up in system preferences > accessibility > zoom.

Hi display res, text too small - solution other than lower res?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.