Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 9 Garageband 10 don't fit?

Since 'upgrading' to Yosemite or maybe 'upgrading' to Garageband 10 I can't open a Garageband file in Logic Pro 9 anymore. Importing from the drop-down menu does nothing. Going from the Browser window makes Logic crash. Dragging the file into Logic makes it crash. Any clues out there?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Mid 2009

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 6:23 AM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 8:57 AM in response to petelyme

GarageBand 10 is based on the same code as Logic Pro X.

So, trying to open a GarageBand 10 Project in Logic Pro 9 would be like trying to open a LPX Project in Logic 9. It doesn't work

GarageBand 6 ➤ Logic Pro 9

GarageBand 10 ➤ Logic Pro X

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jun 23, 2015 5:00 AM in response to petelyme

Thanks. The earlier version was still there in Applications. I went back to using that. Thing is, at the point where you 'upgrade' from the app store, there's nothing to tell you about the consequences on Logic. Which, considering that one of the selling points of Logic is the seamlessness of the join to Garageband, is a bit disingenuous (to be nice about it). A paranoid person might think that it's actually a concealed 'in app purchase'....

Logic 9 Garageband 10 don't fit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.