Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset my ipod without using the home button?

My iPod touch has become unresponsive for almost two days now. One second I'm chatting with someone over kik, I turn off the screen (sleep mode not turning it completely off0 and when I come back to it the buttons don't do anything. The normal way to reset is to press the on/off button and the home button and hold them for 5 seconds, and that has always worked in the past for me,,,except that my home button is completely broken now. Now it doesn't recognize me pressing it. I have been using the assistive touch on screen, but now that the screen won't turn on I can't exactly use that to help me. So what I need is a way to reset (not restore or completely erase) my iPod without using this normal method because since I don't have a home button anymore the normal way is impossible. I refuse to believe that there is only one way to do this, so please tell me how to without using the home button.

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:09 AM

8 replies

How to reset my ipod without using the home button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.